The Town of Cary relocated Fire Station 9 to 1427 Walnut Street. The previous Fire Station 9, built in 1974, and originally designed as Fire Station 2, reached the end of its useful service life and could no longer meet the demands of the growing community. The new Fire Station No. 9 is a two-story, three-bay facility. It is also a “green build” and incorporates many LEED strategies.