Falcon is seeking a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) for our Cary, NC testing and inspections group. The ideal candidate will have 1 to 2 years of experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, observation of construction materials, structural steel inspections, and daily field reporting.
We offer competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching, PTO, AFLAC, LTD, STD life insurance, company vehicle, cell phone and a great place to work!
- Inspection of structural steel during erection on general building and pipeline sites, as well as plant inspections
- Observation and testing of construction materials
- Observe placement of construction materials and verify NCSBC and contract document compliance
- Performing calculations
- Knowledge of UT, MT, and PT testing
- Preparing reports for review and approval of Owner, Architect and Contractor
- Make recommendations for remediation of unsatisfactory conditions observed under the advisement of a senior level inspector
- Verify compliance to manufacturer’s specifications and test results.
- Lifting/carrying 40 – 100 lbs. multiple times a day
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS – Valid North Carolina driver’s license and CWI and pursuit of certification of the following type:
It is a plus to have the following:
- MT, PT, UT Level II
- ICC MSI
- ACI Field Concrete Testing Technician
Would also consider candidate without CWI, with the ability to obtain within the first six months of employment.
Falcon is committed to creating a diverse environment and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.